Thursday, May 14, 2009

Bishop not running for re-election in 2010

Today Senator Charles Bishop, a republican from Jasper, announced that he will not run for re-election to the Alabama Senate in 2010. Senator Bishop has served three terms in the Alabama Senate.

Bishop issues this statement: “I have been blessed in my life,” said Bishop. “I have lived the American dream, and that dream for everyone is now in danger on both the national and state level, somewhere government lost its way.” “I am taking time to talk with friends and family about what this means, and what I can do to help the people of our state with the life experience that I have had.”

Senator Bishop is widely known as the senator who punched Senator Lowell Barron in the senate chambers on the final day of the 2007 legislative session.

No comments:

Post a Comment